Thursday, July 23, 2015

Beauty Buys: Shiseido Ibuki range

One of my little life problems has finally been solved! My skin hasn't been this clear in almost two years now, and it's thanks to the Ibuki range from Shiseido. I've never had acne prone skin, even throughout my teenage years, but for some reason I started developing little breakouts on my forehead around two years ago, and they would just keep returning. I have tried various brands, but just haven't been as satisfied as I have with this range so far.

Shiseido is a globally renowned Japanese brand, famous for their well-researched skincare products. Their Ibuki range is one of their newer ranges, and focuses on rejuvenating the skin by hydrating and increasing resistance to breakouts and visible pores.

My favourites from the range
I decided to test out a mini pack while I was holidaying in Malaysia, and I was so pleased with the results that I ended up buying the full size products once I returned home to Perth. I really like all the products, but I'd like to focus especially on the cleanser, softening concentrate and emulsion, which were standout products for me.


Shiseido Ibuki Gentle Cleanser:
This cleanser definitely lived up to its name by not irritating my sensitive skin at all! It has a light, pleasant smell, and lathers up into a dense foam very easily. It is very light and refreshing on the skin, and effectively removes impurities and excess makeup.

How to use:
After removing makeup, just squeeze a small amount into your hands, add water and lather into a rich foam.
Apply all over your face, taking care to gently massage the product in.
Rinse the product off with warm water.

My skin didn't feel dry or sticky at all afterwards, and the cleanser helps to prep the skin for the next step; the softener.

Shiseido Ibuki Softening Concentrate:
Used directly after cleansing, the softener is used to intensely hydrate the skin and helps to enhance the effects of the products that are used after. The Ibuki softener has been formulated with PhytoResist Complex, which is meant to increase skin resistance against pore infections and enlarging.

How to use:
Pat a small amount gently all over the face.

This feels like a more liquified version of moisturiser, and definitely feels extremely hydrating.

Shiseido Ibuki Refining Moisturiser:
The purpose of the refining moisturiser is to renew the skin's surface and reduce enlarged pores, clear blemish marks and combat breakouts.

How to use:
This should be applied straight after using the softening concentrate, even if your skin still feels a little wet, as it helps to lock in all that moisture.

It feels very hydrating on, and yet it is very light on the skin. For someone with dry skin, such as myself, my skin has never felt more moisturised than it has with this product.

What I really like about this range is that despite it being extremely moisturising, it never feels heavy or as if it is clogging your pores at all. My skin is no longer dry, my pores have decreased in size, and I no longer have any temperamental little breakouts on my face at all.

For more information on these products, and the other products in the Ibuki range, please visit the Shiseido website: https://www.shiseido.com.au/lines/ibuki/

Shiseido is available in both David Jones and Myer, and both offer the mini trial kits as well if you'd prefer to test out the range.

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment