Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Chai Heaven with Rawr Chai tea

As my sister and I are both tea lovers, we were very excited to get our hands on some Rawr chai tea. Handmade in Perth, the Rawr chai tea comprises of a concoction of ceylon tea leaves, chai spices and coconut sugar. It also contains no gluten, dairy and nuts and is 100% honey free. The brewing instructions recommend using soy milk for the best flavour making it vegan friendly as well.

Chai lattes from cafes can be a hit or miss depending on your preferences. They vary from sugary syrup based ones, to mild and milky or strong and spicy. I personally prefer the flavour and strength from chai lattes brewed from tea leaves but also slightly sweetened which I find chai tea lattes generally lack. Following the clear brewing instructions yielded a delicious chai latte with the perfect proportion of chai spice to match the hint of sweetness from the coconut sugar. With my ideal flavour profile, this Rawr Chai will have to be a staple!

Of course I couldn't resist having some fun and 'spiced' up my morning oatmeal by infusing it with the Rawr chai tea before topping it with a sweet, chai spiced poached pear to accompany my freshly brewed chai latte. Chai on chai on chai! I think I'm obsessed with this porridge combo now as its spicy, creamy, sweet flavours complement each other so well.

Oh so creamy chai infused oats, sweet chai spiced poached pear and a freshly brewed chai latte

They also have a new range called Rawr fusion for 'bold, unique latte flavours' which sounds rather enticing. I'm thinking some chai infused baking will have to happen very soon.

So tell me, have you tried Rawr Chai? How do you like your chai lattes? Would you try chai infused oatmeal?

Serena

No comments:

Post a Comment