Sunday, December 11, 2016

The Petite Pair Christmas Tag

We love Christmas tags and have compiled a list of festive questions to let you get to know us a bit better Christmas style.

1. Favourite christmas movie 
 Sara: The ultimate Christmas movie for me has to be The Polar Express. It's just so magical! I also like watching the new Hallmark Christmas movies for the year.
Serena: Polar Express for sure, it's the ultimate Christmas Eve movie.

2. Favourite holiday treat 
Sara: Gingerbread men.
Serena: Cookies! Especially shortbread ones like sugar cookies.

3. When/how did you learn that Santa wasn't real? 
 Sara: One Christmas when I was maybe 5 or 6, I noticed Santa's handwriting looked exactly like my mum's...
Serena: I don't remember ever finding out that Santa wasn't real, it just didn't seem possible.  But I didn't let anyone know until I was older because I still liked participating in the Christmas magic.

4. Favourite Christmas song 
Sara: Let it Snow.
Serena: Have yourself a very merry Christmas

5. Best gift you've ever received
Sara: That's so tricky! I like all my gifts, but the most memorable one was probably last year when I received a full year's subscription and tickets to the WA Ballet for the year.
Serena: That is hard! One of them is my Breville stand mixer which replaced my vintage hand held mixer that made me dread any recipe that said 'now beat for 10-15 minutes'.

6. Your favourite tree ornament
Sara: Pretty, vintage looking fairies, snowflakes and other intricate ornaments.
Serena: Nutcracker or ballet inspired ornaments.

7. Most memorable Christmas
Sara: So many for all different reasons.
Serena: All the ones we've hosted just because I love event planning and scouring Pinterest boards for inspiration.

8. If you could be in any Christmas movie, which one would it be?
Sara: A Christmas Carol but the Barbie version. The normal one is slightly creepy.
Serena: The Nutcracker as Clara of course!

9. Easiest person to buy for
Sara: Serena.
Serena: Sara. Her presents are basically my wishlist.

10. Favourite holiday scent
Sara: Pine and gingerbread.
Serena: Gingerbread and sugar cookies.

11. Favourite Christmas tradition
Sara: Waking up early on Christmas day, seeing what Santa left us in our stockings and enjoying a leisurely breakfast in our pyjamas.
Serena: A Christmas picnic with family and friends.

12. Wrapping paper or gift bags
 Sara: Wrapping paper!
Serena: Wrapping paper. Gift bags make wrapping so much easier because you don't have to wrap at all but it takes away the element of surprise.

13. Favourite Christmas book
 Sara: Oh, I'm not too sure... maybe Little Women?
Serena: Nutcracker by ETA Hoffman

14. Real or artificial tree
Sara: I've always wanted a real tree, but I've not had one yet! One day... 
Serena: Artificial but it has to be a traditional green. Love the idea of a real one but it seems like too much work.

15. Best gift you've given
Sara: I'm not sure... I just hope everyone likes their gifts!
Serena: Can I say all? I'd like to think I give pretty great gifts haha. Probably a heart locket necklace.

16. Hardest person to buy for 
Sara: Dad.
Serena: Guys.

17. Would you rather live in Santa's workshop or a gingerbread house?
Sara: Santa's workshop.
Serena: Same. If I lived in a gingerbread house, I'd be homeless in a couple of days because seriously who could resist that if your whole house was edible.

18. When do you open gifts? 
Sara and Serena: Christmas morning!  

19. Favourite stocking stuffer 
 Sara: Every year we get a bottle of the Philosophy shower gel in a holiday scent.
 Serena: Pastel Essie nail polish.

20. Favourite Christmas meal 
 Sara: Roast vegetables.
 Serena: Dessert, obviously.

21. Do you travel on the holidays? 
Sara: Some years I do, and that's always fun! Especially when it's to places that actually have a cold Christmas!
Serena: Every year! I can only remember one time that I've not travelled during the Christmas break.   

22. Egg nog or hot chocolate
Sara: Hot chocolate all the way. Anyone who knows me will also know how much I enjoy having my hot chocolates.
Serena: Hot chocolate. Whipped cream, marshmallows and Netflix is mandatory.

 23. Your plans for christmas 
Sara: This year, just the usual. I'm hoping to attempt baking and cooking more, which will be quite interesting!
Serena: A whole lot of baking! I've been allocated desserts for upcoming Christmas events and will be baking Christmas cookies to go along with gifts. If all goes well I will share a couple of recipes on the blog.

24. Favourite Christmas Eve traditions 
Sara: Go to mass, and watching a Christmas movie with hot chocolate.
Serena: Christmas movie with the family then having a sisterly chat in the living room with only the glow of the Christmas tree lights.

We hoped you enjoyed reading our answers and we tag everyone to have a go.
If you do complete the tag, please leave a comment below so we can read your answers!


The Petite Pair
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment