Wednesday, January 18, 2017

DIY Rose Garland Decor





Hello lovelies!

So it was Serena's birthday a few weeks ago and I bought her some beautiful red roses to celebrate, as they are her favourite flowers. It's always so sad when fresh flowers start to droop and reach the end of their time. I always feel so bad throwing them out, because even though they don't look nice enough to display, they're not really dead yet either. This time I thought about what I could use them for instead of just throwing them away, and found this DIY from my favourite, LC. I was so inspired, I had to try it!




All you have to do is cut off the heads of the flowers, and tie them up along a piece of string - or twine if you like that vintage look. It's so simple and looks really lovely, plus it helps them dry out faster so you could then use the dried rose petals for another DIY!



It does give a romantic feel to the room, and adds a lovely scent as well. I think it would be a great idea for a Valentine's Day party. The colour doesn't really match my room very well, so I think if I were to make another one I'd pick different flowers, but it's such a good idea to make use of the flowers instead of just throwing them out.


The only thing I have to point out is that as it dries, it will shrink to give more of a rosebud look, which is still very pretty, With these red roses, they darken a lot so they give off more of a gothic sort of look hanging up! Other than that, they're still super pretty!

I hope this served as a little piece of inspiration for Valentine's day!

xo Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment