Thursday, January 31, 2019

Book review: The Doll's House

I have always enjoyed reading. As a child, my dad would read to me every night before bed, filling my head with beautiful images that the stories and poetry described. Unfortunately, in the last few years, I have been reading less and less. Last year I'm pretty sure I read less than five books! This is so unlike me! But that's okay, because I have been striving to read more this year, and have already finished quite a few books.

The most recent book I have read is The Doll's House by M. J. Arlidge. I actually finished it in a day. It was so fast-paced and had me hooked from the start, so I really couldn't put it down. Basically, it's about a young woman that has been abducted, and locked in a dark cellar that has been made to be a life size doll's house. What makes it interesting is the alternating perspectives between the abducted victim, the police investigating, and the abductor himself. It was very well written, and had no dull moments. I would definitely recommend this book!

In between reading new books, I'm trying to read the entire Nancy Drew series. I have a mixture of the classic hardcover books as well as the electronic version. Currently on number 33 out of 52!

Happy reading!

xo Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment